Are you tired of searching for a comfortable and effective solution to urinary incontinence as you age? You’re not alone. Many women find themselves navigating this challenging aspect of aging, with nearly 62% of women reporting symptoms. If you’re wondering if there’s a better way to manage it, then it’s time to consider the Emsella treatment.
At Warrior Medical in Maryland, we’re passionate about empowering women with the knowledge and tools they need to take control of their health. We’ve seen firsthand how urinary incontinence can affect daily life – from a frustrating inconvenience to a nightly disrupter of sleep, and more – and we understand the importance of finding a solution that works for you. Emsella treatment offers a revolutionary approach to managing urinary incontinence, and we’re excited to share its benefits with you.
Today we’re talking about just how women can benefit from the Emsella treatment, especially as they age. From understanding the signs of urinary incontinence to exploring how Emsella can help, our goal is to provide you with the information you need to make informed decisions about your health.
Signs of Urinary Incontinence
Urinary incontinence, a common challenge for many women, manifests in various ways. Some of the typical signs include:
- Leakage during physical activities like coughing, sneezing, or exercising.
- Sudden, intense urges to urinate, often leading to involuntary loss of urine.
- Frequent urination, more than usual, including during the night.
- Difficulty fully emptying the bladder.
- Urinary tract infections may occur frequently.
- Discomfort in the pelvic region.
Why Urinary Incontinence Is A Natural Part of Aging
Many of us understand that urinary incontinence is common among aging women, but it’s not always understood why that is.
Understanding the causes of urinary incontinence is the first step toward finding effective treatments like Emsella.
- Hormonal Changes – As women age, especially during menopause, estrogen levels decrease. Estrogen plays a key role in maintaining the strength and health of the urinary tract. Lower levels can lead to the weakening of the muscles and tissues that control bladder function.
- Weakened Pelvic Floor Muscles – Over time, the pelvic floor muscles naturally lose some of their strength and elasticity. This can be due to factors like childbirth, surgery, or just the natural aging process. Weakened pelvic floor muscles are less effective in supporting the bladder and urethra, leading to urinary incontinence.
- Bladder Sensitivity Increases – With age, the bladder can become more sensitive and less capable of holding larger volumes of urine. This increased sensitivity can cause more frequent urges to urinate and sometimes lead to leakage.
- Physical and Lifestyle Changes – Age-related physical changes, such as weight gain or decreased physical activity, can also contribute to urinary incontinence. These factors can put additional pressure on the bladder and weaken the pelvic floor muscles.
- Medications and Health Conditions – Certain medications commonly taken as we age, and other health conditions like diabetes or neurological disorders, can also exacerbate symptoms of urinary incontinence.
How Emsella Treats Urinary Incontinence
Understanding these factors is crucial in realizing that urinary incontinence isn’t something you have to accept as a normal part of aging.
There are effective treatments available, like Emsella, that can help mitigate these symptoms and improve your quality of life.
Here’s how Emsella works:
- HIFEM Technology – Emsella employs High-Intensity Focused Electromagnetic (HIFEM) technology. This technology generates electromagnetic waves that induce supramaximal pelvic floor muscle contractions, far more intense than what can be achieved through voluntary contractions or traditional exercises.
- Non-Invasive and Painless Procedure – The treatment is completely non-invasive, allowing patients to remain fully clothed during the session. This aspect of the treatment is especially appealing to those who are apprehensive about invasive procedures.
- Quick and Convenient Sessions – Each Emsella session lasts about 30 minutes, and patients can start seeing improvements in a few weeks. The convenience of the treatment allows it to easily fit into busy schedules.
Who Benefits from Emsella
Emsella is particularly beneficial for:
- Postpartum Mothers – Childbirth can significantly weaken pelvic floor muscles, leading to urinary incontinence. Emsella is particularly beneficial for mothers who have given birth, helping to restore the strength and function of these muscles.
- Menopausal Women – Hormonal changes during menopause can affect bladder control. Emsella’s ability to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles makes it an ideal treatment for women experiencing menopause-related urinary incontinence.
- Overweight Individuals – Extra weight can put additional pressure on the bladder and pelvic floor muscles. For overweight or obese individuals, Emsella can provide the necessary support to these muscles, alleviating stress-induced incontinence.
- Active Lifestyle Enthusiasts – Those who frequently engage in high-impact activities like running or jumping may experience stress incontinence. Emsella helps in reinforcing the pelvic floor to withstand the pressures of such activities.
- Aging Adults – As part of the natural aging process, the pelvic floor muscles weaken over time, increasing the risk of incontinence. Emsella is effective for older adults looking to improve bladder control and maintain an active, worry-free lifestyle.
- Individuals with Laughter/Sneeze Leakage – Common incidents like laughing, coughing, or sneezing can trigger urinary leaks in some individuals. Emsella treatment helps in managing these unexpected leaks by strengthening the pelvic floor muscles.
What Age is Right for Emsella Treatments
There’s no “right age” to start Emsella treatments. Early intervention can even lead to more effective results.
If you’re experiencing any urinary incontinence symptoms, it’s worth consulting with Warrior Medical to see if Emsella can help.
Schedule Your Emsella Consultation With Warrior Medical
Don’t let urinary incontinence hold you back. Discover how Emsella treatments can empower you to take control of your bladder health and enhance your overall well-being.